Before ordination ceremony
Participant need to prepare themselves for at least 5-7 days before ordination day. They need to practice meditation to create purity of their mind to be a good future monk. He will be trained to know how to announce and behave for the ceremony day. He need also to apply eight precepts that means
- Refrain from destroying living creatures.
- Refrain from taking that which is not given.
- Refrain from sexual activity.
- Refrain from incorrect speech.
- Refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness.
- Refrain from eating at the forbidden time (i.e., after noon).
- Refrain from dancing, singing, music, going to see entertainments, wearing garlands, using perfumes, and beautifying the body with cosmetics.
- Refrain from lying on a high or luxurious sleeping place.
During this period participant should accept to follow program with patience. Many things will be trained such as meditation, self-care, chanting and how to do during ordination ceremony.
1-3 days before ordination days shaving ceremony will be organized at Pa Pae Meditation Retreat. It’s a simple activity but offer a good meaning. People who come to join ceremony can appreciate participants for his great decision to be ordained. After shaving hair and eye brow, another feeling of freedom will happen in his mind. No hair, no eye brow. Face and head become so clean. Feeling closer to become monk or to be a spiritual person offers a very special feeling after this ceremony.